2013年1月2日星期三

My plea to readers

I received a comment tonight in 上庭的代價之四:給終審法院首席法官馬道立寫的一個blog. It is something I do not wish to see. When I do not divulge the name and identity of any person mentioned in my blog, there is always a reason for it. I am not afraid of offending any person when I write. At the same time I do not want to use my blog as a platform to defame. When I mention names, I need to rely on something black and white, for instance, an appeal judgement. I can adduce the semantic connotation from what I have read and I can cite examples from the judgement. When I do not have the chance to read the transcripts of the trial to find out exactly what happens, I would rather withhold the identity.

I know readers are zealous and supportive. I know they are trying to assist me. But, when I do not ask for the name, especially the identity of person criticised, I would rather let it stay anonymous. I know writing this blog is inviting people to revisit the blog and find out who it was I directed my criticism at. I do not try to dampen the injuries but I have to make my stance clear. Thank you for your cooperation.

沒有留言:

發佈留言