2011年8月6日星期六

Suicide

The preceding topic is not a suicide revelation of my inner self nor the propensity to carry out one. More than one persons asked me why I selected the topic for the blog. For avoidance of unnecessary speculation, frankly, I saw it as a legal issue than pondering the act myself. I came across an article titled When Suicide Was Illegal two days ago in BBC which prompted me to look into the relevant laws in HK and Sydney. It is as simple as that. Besides, suicide and euthanasia should not be a taboo in the modern era. I have not written enough blogs and tasted enough good food yet. Though a bit bleak in general outlook of life, I am not the type of person who will surprise people around me to perform such a desperate act of destruction.

I may give a lot of people the impression that I have become more taciturn than before but it does not enhance my propensity to do suicidium. I can be very talkative when the right persons and topics pop up. So, my friend, don't you worry. Keep reading my blog and I will keep going. A Chinese joke below to end the blog but it is in Chinese to connotate the authentic sense of black humour.

文革時期,有位仁兄承受不住批鬥的折磨,選擇自殺來了結煎熬,死前在身前背後各縛一紙牌。他死之後俯臥地上,街委行經屍體,見到屍體背部的紙牌寫着「我解放了」。在大陸自殺是違法的,死掉才能解放比違法更加大逆不道,街委惶恐萬分,這黑鑊怎樣背得起,情急之下,立即把屍體反轉,前面繫着那牌是「我平反了」。

沒有留言:

發佈留言